Monday, February 22, 2010

Before I Was a Mom...

Before I was a mom…

I didn’t know how it feels to see another being coming out from me… hearing his first cry and seeing his first breaths

I didn’t know how it feels to feed a baby every 2 hours, wake up in the middle of the night just to sing a lullabye until the child succumbs to sleep…

I never experienced being peed while a child is on my lap…as he innocently plays with my hair and touches my face

Before I was a mom…

I never experienced smiling over simple joys that my child brings

I never thought of immunizations, trusted pediatrics and brands of vitamins

I didn’t know how it feels to watch a child trying to tie his shoe laces while his forehead begins to crinkle

I didn’t know how happy, fulfilling and accomplished I am as I watched my child grow and learn, answering his every query about the mysteries of life

Before I was a mom…

I didn’t know how it feels to worry over a sick child as he utters “mama” to me, responding to him with gentle touch

I never thought of safety as an issue for a playground, diners, beach, parks and even inside the house…

Before I was a mom…

I just think of my own sched, I didn’t noticed how time flies and regrets most often…

I just think of the food that I’ll eat for brunch or dinner, and not about the food that a child eats if it really nourishes him

I just think of what will I wear for the day or two and not of a child’s changing sizes on clothes

Before I was a mom…

I didn’t know how it feels to hate people who hated my child… ( rude playmates and people who hates children)

However, I learned that you can’t please everyone, there is always a time that someone will hate your child no matter how you shield him…So, being a mom challenges me to teach my child to be gentle yet strong…

I believe that being a mom teaches me about almost everything in life… things that I never learned before I was a mom

No comments:

Post a Comment